Sunday, August 23, 2009

Can someone please explain...

...WHY men don't listen to women?! Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful husband, but after almost 5 years, I feel like he rarely listens to me.

Example: Yesterday he was making me a sandwich because I was nursing and hungry (surprise, surprise), which was very nice of him to do. I asked him to put mustard on the sandwich and then I said, looking him in the eye, "Oh, I need to get more mustard at the store today - we are almost out." Then I wrote it on my list. Almost exactly 10 minutes later, in a completely oblivious tone of voice, Scott says, "Honey, can you get mustard at the store today, we are almost out." I told him I wouldn't even justify that with a response because I had just said it, which of course, he didn't remember. I asked him the question above, and he said that women talk at least twice as much as men, and men just can't handle all the information. Hmm...

We laughed, but I still need to know...why is this the norm? Why do ALL men ignore what their wives say after being married a while? This is probably one of those Mars - Venus questions, but I didn't read that book so I am asking you. Any insight into this phenomenon would be greatly appreciated :)

3 comments:

stacey224 said...

I have no idea why, but Matt does that to me, ALL THE TIME. Sometimes, it really drives me crazy! Example: I'll come home from the store with something new to eat, and tell him all about it. Later on, he'll ask, "when did you get this?"

BTW, it was nice to see you at church today. If you ever need a mommy break, Bryce is more than welcome to come over and play with the kids. I know they'd think it was fun playing with him. Hope the rest of your day is great.

Mindy Pickett said...

Love your blog, you are a professional, your pictures are so sweet. Im not a great blogger but try to occasionally keep it up. It was great to have you at book club, happy reading!!!

Heath Hales said...

I told Heath about this post and then the next day you and I spoke on the phone. So when he got home I told him I had spoken with you and his comment was, "Did she get her mustard?"