Friday, March 27, 2009

Music and the Stories of Life

I have recently watched two of my favorite movies back-to-back, Dan in Real Life and Nacho Libre. They are quite different from each other, but there is one thing they have in common...their soundtracks are perfect. Nacho Libre's music is goofy, random and totally makes me laugh. Dan in Real Life's music is sincere, funny at times, and totally makes me get all warm and fuzzy inside. Those would also be my description of the movies themselves. I have seen each of these films 10-15 times each and I can't get enough of them. Now I know why... the music brings the stories to life. I can think of several other classic movies with great soundtracks...Forrest Gump, The Breakfast Club, The Notebook, and Shawshank Redemption. Those are just a few, as I know there are many other movies with superb soundtracks...music that ingrains the story into your soul and doesn't let you forget about it. That, my friend, makes a great movie.
And if you've ever wondered what my life's soundtrack would be, just ask me. I already have it on cd...for at least the first 30 years of my life :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you included the Breakfast Club. That will always hold a special place in my heart and bring back many fun memories. -- As far as your soundtrack, send it to me. I would love to listen to it!!

Have a great day! Laura

Bethany said...

You're so funny...Soundtracks really do make a movie great! I love the August Rush music.

Harris Family said...

Pride and Prejudice soundtrack is absolutely amazing! I love the music and the directing of that film... love it.

Heath Hales said...

The other day Heath and I were doing some organizing through our CDs and Heath picked up the KIM DOCTRINE as sung by Enya and U2. He just looked at it and asked me, "What is that?" I am guessing this is the soundtrack you are referring to.

Scott and Kim said...

Yes, my soundtrack is called "The Kim Doctrine as sung by Enya & U2." It is really about my spiritual journey to the church, but it is also my soundtrack to my life, because that is what my life was about for the first 24 years!
So I guess I should correct my blog and say my soundtrack is for the first 24 years of my life!

arizonamarshall said...

Good to see that all is well with you guys, I saw that you commented on the Jordan's blog. take care

marry said...

That is why I love love love you! You read me like a book...then again... I guess I'm not that hard to read : )