Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I just have to laugh...

So I'm 38 weeks pregnant, and I have just done the most embarrassing thing in years. I can't believe it, but I was walking in my sleep (somehow) and I fell and sprained my ankle. I haven't walked in my sleep in almost 20 years, so it is quite the shocker to me. All I remember is being on the floor in the dark in a lot of pain. Scott said I must have been dreaming because I said "No, no, no!" and then he heard a thud. As usual, he was wonderful and came to my rescue (but, poor guy, seeing his very pregnant wife on the floor screaming in the middle of the night must have been scary) Scott thinks I tripped on one of the umpteenth pillows I use to sleep with that I must have kicked off onto the floor when I got up. Gotta love pregnancy!
Bryce is being very cute about it though. He keeps pointing at my foot and saying, "Momma's foot hurts...owie" and he's giving me extra kisses. At least I am getting special treatment :) But it sure blows my plans to go on lots of walks this week to bring on my labor early. Deep breath...sigh...laugh...I must have much more character to build :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bryce is so cute and loving, showing the compassion of the very young. He is doing the best he can to "make it better." How sweet.
Grandma Joanne

Bethany said...

I'm sorry..but I had to giggle, you sprained your ankle sleep walking and your pregnant. Hope your ankle feels better soon! Bryce is so sweet!

Bud & Kim said...

Poor thing! I can't believe that happened. Hope it gets feeling better soon.

Heath Hales said...

This is so funny and disappointing all at the same time. I am so glad you chose green, though. I hope it heals quickly because I am sure it is miserable with pregnancy and then of course once Paige hits the scene...ahhhh...I am sorry!