Tuesday, June 23, 2009

She's Here!

We are so excited that Paige joined our family this past Saturday! As most of you know, I wanted a waterbirth/homebirth, and I had the MOST wonderful relaxing experience possible. I was more comfortable and relaxed in my home, so I dilated super fast! I watched some of my favorite movies, in this order: Nacho Libre, Dan in Real Life, and the beginning of The Holiday. I enjoyed the difficult parts of labor in a birthing tub, which they call the "midwives' epidural" and now I know why. I felt instantaneous pain relief when I got in, and it did slow my labor down a little bit (just like an epidural would). It was fine, because I was so close to the end, so it was still pretty quick. I started labor around 8am, and had her at 2:04 p.m. I was talking and laughing in between contractions until the last 20 minutes. I actually was able to enjoy watching my movies too! :) It was so awesome. I will never birth another way again!

Paige was 21" long and weighed in at 7 lbs, 9 oz, almost a pound smaller than Bryce was when he was born. She's my petite little lady! She is doing great, is very alert, and likes to wiggle. She kinda looks like me when I was born - full head of dark brown hair (that fell out for me and came back in sandy brown). We'll see how she looks when she develops.

The above pic is of Scott and Paige at the delivery. Here are some pics of her today. I know I'm biased, but I think she's beautiful!
Paige enjoying some fresh air this afternoon!
Bryce & Paige

Bryce kissing Paige!


Scott, Bryce & Paige reading

Bryce is handling being a big brother very well. He is excited to be a big brother!

8 comments:

marry said...

So fun... so excited for you

Bud & Kim said...

Yea! I've been waiting for this post. She is beautiful and I am so glad that you had a great experience. Can't wait to see her in person!

Fatha said...

We just saw Paige! Oh how cute she is. We loved all the pictures!!!

Can hardly wait to hold her.

Eric, Lexi, Reagan & Lakai said...

CONGRATULATIONS Mommy! She is so lovely and Paige is such a cute name.

Matt said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Laura Nyman said...

Congratulations! I'm glad your homebirth went well. I'm glad you actually posted the birth story. Oh, that's cool you actually watched movies. We wanted to, but were too busy doing other things during early labor, like cooking and going for a walk. When Jon said he was ready for a movie, I said it was too late.

Desiree said...

Congratulations Kim! (I hope you don't mind I found your blog through Shannon's) She is so beautiful, and your birthing experience sounds very positive. I hope you're getting lots of rest and if you need anything let me know.

Heath Hales said...

Yipee! Welcome Paige! I am so glad everything went well. She is beautiful and I love the dark fuzzy hair.