Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm baaaack!



I'm sorry, folks, that it's been a while since I blogged about the happenings in my life and my family. I have a couple excuses ... and you know what they say about excuses! We've been really, really busy with business (can't complain), my camera-to-computer connection was off that I wasn't patient enough to fix, I've been taking care of a sick husband and toddler, and I got a little addicted to Facebook. I'm still busy, but my family's recovering, I fixed the computer, and I'm taking a break from Facebook. I've decided that blogging is way more important than Facebook, so I promise to be better!


Onto our news...I had a wonderful May 3 this year! For those of you who don't know, it is the 11-year anniversary that I survived a near fatal-car accident that changed my life FOREVER. It is also the 6-year anniversary that I got baptised into the LDS church, which also changed my life FOREVER. Both anniversaries mark the most positively-significant occurences in my life that allowed me the opportunity to seriously change the direction my life was headed. Both have resulted in a better outlook on life, happiness that I never knew before, and an ability to appreciate the present and accept the past and future better than I ever did before.


Every year on May 3, I go to the mountains because that is where I have always gotten my answers to life's big questions, which is something I really needed, especially after the accident. This year was no different. Even though Scott was a little sick, we all went out to Saguaro lake and had a picnic and enjoyed the fresh air. It is wonderful that I can share this special day with my family, and I look forward to telling my kids all about these experiences someday. I want them to know that:


I am truly grateful for life, as I know it is truly a gift that I am still alive, and that we all have the gift of life,


I am grateful for ALL the experiences in my life, good and bad, that have shaped me to the person I am,

I am grateful that I was preserved so that I could find out and join about the LDS church, which answered my biggest questions and has brought the most joy into my life.


Here are some pics from our special day (they aren't very good, but we were lucky to find anybody to take our pic - even if he was a kid and didn't really know our camera :)

1 comment:

Bud & Kim said...

You are just great...so fun to read your blog.