Saturday, May 30, 2009

An ode to estrogen

So most of you know that we're having a girl. Some of you have asked if the pregnancies are any different. The best things about this pregnancy is I am much more mellow and kicked-back than last time, which I attribute to their personalities - Bryce is very strong-minded and stubborn, and I think Paige is much more peaceful and laid-back. Also, I haven't had the swollen feet or aching back, which I attribute to my fantastic chiropractor. Otherwise, pregnancy still agrees with me and I enjoy it just like with Bryce.

Well, I am so excited to have a girl! I've never been that girly - never into bows and frills and dresses, but now I am SO into it. I can't wait for the cute outfits with hats and shoes. Who would've ever guessed that about me, but I am so excited about it!

Well now that I am 36 weeks, I have shifted into GIRLY mode - on overdrive! I have been sooo obsessed, for a few weeks now, with chick flicks. My husband was a little annoyed at first, until he realized it made me sweeter and more romantic and cuddly. Now he's ok with it and says I can watch these movies whenever I want! I've even decided to watch the movies during my labor. Why not be a little distracted by beautiful people, romantic (and funny) scenes, and falling in love during a less-than-comfortable day of my life (to say the least). Here are some of the movies I have been frequently watching, that will probably make it to my labor playlist ...

I've also decided to watch another fave - Nacho Libre (hilariously funny, but not at all a chick flick).

Here's hoping my labor isn't so long that I actually finish all 4 movies! :)

p.s. since I am watching all of these movies way to much, if any of you has a suggestion of another great chick-flick, let me know!

6 comments:

Heath Hales said...

My all-time favorites are Sabrina with Harrison Ford and Ever After. Otherwise I am not a huge chick flick watcher. Oh, I do like Return to Me. I am excited for you and all the girly stuff. Girls really are a blast! And who says Nacho Libre isn't a chick flick- its full to the brim with romance (who can forget the butt flexing scene, or the romantic dinner of toast, and they both love light tan and really to be willing to break your vows for someone). So, hey give them some credit!

Scott and Kim said...

Yes, those are good movies too. Plus I forgot to mention The Notebook! It makes me cry every time!

Harris Family said...

Penelope. I think it is a new fave with me. Watch it. Let me know what you think. It is super cute and charming... Even My hubby enjoyed it.

Harris Family said...

Oh yeah and just like heaven.... I have it with the crazy neighbor edited out... so if you want to borrow it ...

Cassie Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie Lee said...

Hey, did you see my note to you on facebook?
I love the idea of watching Chick Flicks while in labor. I watched Who wants to be a Millionare and it was odd. Cameron and I both love chick flicks and some favorites are: While you were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, You've got Mail, Maid in Manhattan, the Wedding Planner, 9 Months . . . I'm sure there's more. I can't think of all the ones on our movie shelf.

Hey, I'm not girly at all either but I am super into making baby headbands with the gerber daisies. You know the ones I'm talking about?