Thursday, November 12, 2009

My one and only Halloween pic

Yay! I have one Halloween pic to post. Scott and I went to our friend Heather's annual Halloween Party and had a blast. I usually dress as a rockstar/singer...Bono twice (with the band), Village People - I was the sailor, Cindy Lauper (I had backup singers too!), Baby Spice, and the bad-girl Sandra D from Grease. This year, I wanted to do something with a current event. I always thought those were the funniest costumes.

So on a whim, we decided to dress up as the balloon-boy's parents. You know, the lunatics who staged their son getting lost in a homemade flying saucer, and were on the news every single day for at least 2 weeks. I can't believe people like that can make the headlines every day, when real news that is important doesn't. Actually, I do know why, but don't get me started on my conspiracy theories :)

Anyway, we won "best couples costume" for this endeavor, which surprised me because there are always really great costumes at their party. It was a really, really fun party, with my favorite part - karaoke! You can look on my facebook page if you want to see my competition :)

2 comments:

Heath Hales said...

Love the costumes and congrats on winning the best couple! If only my husband were more daring, we could go as a couple, but alas, I am stuck with whatever I can come up with on my own, like my black shirt with spider earrings this year. I didn't win anything.

Bethany said...

Congrats on best costume..it was well deserved! I haven't looked at your blog in forever! Your kids are super cute. Hopefully one of these holidays I'll get to see you again and chat!