Sunday, March 21, 2010

Family Day January: Botanical Gardens

As our family (and business) continues to grow, I am busier and busier than I used to be. Where is the time to blog? I love blogging (our own family and reading on our friends' too), and have no really good excuse not too, but at the end of the day, I often choose something easier and less time-consuming than blogging to wind down.

About 6 months ago, after Scott received a busier church calling on top of our already busy lives, we decided to make our family more of a priority. So, once a month, we have a family day. We do something fun just the four of us. January, we went to the Botanical Gardens and had a really great time. Bryce loved seeing all the desert plants and playing in the kid stations with crafts and games. Paige loved the views and being outside (really the only thing that calms her down when she's upset).





The weather was perfect (60's) and we went early enough to avoid most of the crowds. We had so much fun we almost forgot to take any pics! Then as we were leaving we took a few of our fam. I'm so happy we do this once a month. Now if I can only remember to take more pictures and post them on time :)

5 comments:

Joanne said...

That boy sure loves to stick out his tongue when he's getting his picture taken. He is so cute. So is she. Who are those other people in the pic? : )

Desiree Roesler said...

"How fun is that! and what a great pic!"

Lars said...

Hey Kim-wow little Paige is getting so big! And so cute! To answer your question-we're using disposables. My grandma FREAKS out over using too much water and electricity-she would never go for cloth diapers! hopefully for the next kid :)

Fatha said...

wonderful, thank you. I love the photo shot.

Michayle said...

This is awesome! We try to do a family day too, but have been really lazy until this past weekend. I am going to post pictures of ours soon. I hope.