Sunday, November 9, 2008

Post-Halloween/Post-election Lamentations

Ok, so I'm a slacker. When I started this blog, I tried to post once or twice a week. Well it's been 2 weeks. I missed Halloween (although you got many cute shots of the pre-Halloween costume parties). I felt it was redundant to do it again on Halloween. Now I feel gipped because the only pic of me on Halloween is on Michayle's blog and I'm talking while she's taking the pic so I look like a dork! But I'm happy to finally make it onto her blog.

On another note, I am so glad the elections are over. Some turned out how I voted, others didn't. But I am grateful that I have the opportunity to vote and that we live in a democracy. I read something recently that said, "I'm grateful that I hear so many people complain about the government because it means we have freedom of speech." It's nice to be reminded of our basic freedoms that we overlook or take for granted many times.

No comments: