Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Twilight Phenomenon

Let me just say that I think it is absolutely amazing that one author, unknown before this book, can create a phenomenon about a love story about vampires. I have not read the books, but I have followed as almost all of my friends have read it and are most likely obsessed with it over the past 2 years. Now that the movie is finally out and everyone thinks it's lame, I am glad I haven't read it.


But this is typical of me, I never got into Seinfeld or Friends or The Office until years after it was popular. A good TV show had to prove that it was good enough to stick around before I started spending my 30 minutes to see if I'd like it. I now love all of those shows. I've also still not seen/read Harry Potter yet. So when everyone has moved on to the next big fad, and when the crazy hype has cooled off and everyone has forgotten about it, you'll find me reading Twilight.

1 comment:

Heath Hales said...

I haven't read them either, but I have been considering it. I would love to get lost in a great book series, but I avoids fads except for Harry Potter!